RESPECT - Older Players
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the Game
Players say that that want a Referee for every match, yet 7,000 Match Officials are lost to the game each season due to the abuse and intimidation they receive on and off the pitch. Respect your Referee today and you may just get one for every match during the season.
Play your part and observe the F’A’s Respect Codes of Conduct for players at all times.
On and off the Field, I will:
- Adhere to the Laws of the game.
- Display and promote high standards of behaviour.
- Promote Fair Play.
- Always respect the Match Officials decisions.
- Never engage in public criticism of the Match Officials.
- Never engage in offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
- Never engage in bullying, intimidation or harassment.
- Speak to my Team Mates, the Opposition and my Team Manager / Coach respectfully.
- Remember, we all make mistakes from time to time.
- Win, or lose, with dignity. Shake hands with the opposition and the Match Officials at the end of every game.
- I understand that if I do not follow the Codes of Conduct, any or all of the following actions may be taken by the Club, a County F.A. or the F.A. directly
I may be:
- Required to apologise to my Team Mates, the Opposition Team, the Referee or my Team Manager
- Receive a warning from the Team Manager / Coach.
- Receive a written warning from the Club Committee.
- Required to attend a Football Association Education Course.
- Be dropped from the Team or substituted.
- Be suspended from training.
- Not eligible for selection for the Team.
- Required to serve a Club suspension.
- Fined by the Club.
- Required to leave the Club by having my membership withdrawn.
- The County F.A. or the F.A. directly could impose a fine and / or suspension on the Club.
- I will refrain from bullying, making derogatory or defamatory remarks, using foul, abusive or insulting language against any individual via the use of social media in accordance with the high standards of behaviour that is expected from membership of the Club.