RESPECT - Parents, Guardian, Carers Spectators
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the Game
Orpington Rovers supports the F.A’s Respect Programme to ensure that football is enjoyed by all in a Safe and Positive Environment.
Always remember that Children’s Football is a time for them to develop their Technical, Physical, Tactical and Social Skills. Winning isn’t everything.
Adults can play their part by observing the F.A’s Respect Codes of Conduct for Parents, Guardians, Carers and Spectators at all times.
- Remember that Children play for Fun and enjoyment
- Applaud Effort and Good Play as well as Success
- Always respect the Match Officials’ decisions
- Remain outside of the Field of Play and within the Designated Spectator Area (behind the Blue Line)
- Let the Coaches do their job and not confuse the players by giving them different instructions
- Encourage the players to respect their Opponents, the Referee and Match Officials
- Avoid criticising players for making mistakes – they can often be the result of Good Intentions that players try and they are all part of the learning process
- Never engage in, or tolerate, Offensive, Insulting, Abusive language or behaviour
- I understand that if I do not follow the Codes of Conduct, any or all of the following actions may be taken by the Club, a County F.A. or the F.A. directly
I may be:
- Issued with a Verbal Warning from the Club or a League Official
- Required to meet with the Club, League or County F.A. Welfare Officer
- Required to meet with the Club Committee.
- Obliged to undertake an F.A. Education Course
- Asked to leave the Match Venue by a Club Official, or the Referee
- Requested by the Club not to attend future games
- Suspended, or have my Club Membership withdrawn
- Required to leave the Club along with any dependants.
- I understand that the F.A. or a County F.A. could impose a Fine and/or Suspension against the Club
- I will refrain from bullying, making derogatory or defamatory remarks, using foul, abusive or insulting language against any individual via the use of social media in accordance with the high standards of behaviour that is expected from membership of the Club.
- Young Players
- Older Players
- Parents, Guardian, Carers & Spectators
- Match Officials
- Coaches, Team Managers & Club Officials
- Download a pdf copy of the complete document. >