RESPECT - Match Officials
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the Game
The behaviour of Match Officials has an impact, directly and indirectly, on the conduct of everyone involved in the game, both on the Pitch and on the Sidelines
Play your part and observe the F.A’s Respect Code of Conduct of Match Officials at all times.
- Be honest and completely impartial at all times
- Apply the Laws of the Game and Competition Rules fairly and consistently
- Manage the game in a positive, calm and confident manner
- Deal with all instances of violence, aggression, unsporting behaviour, foul play and other misconduct
- Never tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour from Players and Officials
- Support my Match Official Colleagues at all times.
- Set a positive personal example by promoting good behaviour and showing respect to everyone involved in the game.
- Communicate with the players and encourage fair play.
- Respond in a clear, calm and confident manner to any appropriate request for clarification by the Team Captains.
- Prepare physically and mentally for every match.
- Complete and submit accurate and concise reports within the time limit required for games in which I officiate
- I understand that if I do not follow the Codes of Conduct, any or all of the following actions may be taken by the Club, a County F.A. or the F.A. directly
I may be:
- Required to meet with the F.A. or County F.A. Refereeing Officer
- Required to meet with the F.A. or County F.A. Refereeing Committee
- Be required to attend, or re-attend, the F.A. Respect training or other F.A. Education Course.
- Issued with a written warning.
- Fined by the County F.A.
- Offered less Senior Appointments.
- Suspended from all appointments for a defined period of time, or number of matches.
- Excluded from affiliating as an F.A. Referee.
- Young Players
- Older Players
- Parents, Guardian, Carers & Spectators
- Match Officials
- Coaches, Team Managers & Club Officials
- Download a pdf copy of the complete document. >